[Users] Duplicated sub-folders after Rebuild-Folder-Tree

Jim Pachowski jimmy.patch at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 07:19:00 CET 2020

1. Use the 32-bit version. I found no reason to use 64-bit version.
The 64-bit libraries are a bit unreliable. Your crashes are probably
because of how they are behaving. 32-bit is solid.

2. There is a bug in the Windows version that "adds" instead of
"replacing" folders when doing a folder re-build. The simplest
solution is to open up folderlist.xml in a text editor and remove
everything but the first three and last two lines in the file, save
it, and start Claws again. It will tell you your mailbox is corrupted
and ask you to build the folder tree again. If you remove
folderlist.xml & .bak files it will ask you to set-up an account. You
do not want that. Also, if you do this often enough, keep a copy of
the 5-line empty folderlist.xml handy to do the switcheroo every time
instead of editing the .xml file by hand.