[Users] Duplicated sub-folders after Rebuild-Folder-Tree

Jeremy Nicoll jn.ml.clwm.729 at letterboxes.org
Fri Dec 4 11:41:58 CET 2020

On Fri, 4 Dec 2020, at 01:47, Ralph wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Dec 2020 13:16:18 -0600
> Ralph <suselist at cableone.net> wrote:
>
> > Windows 10 + 3.17.4 (64-bit)

[snip]

> Question: this Windows version seems very unstable.

/Which/ version of Win 10 is it though?  Unlike previous versions
which were almost all base OS plus many many updates, Microsoft
these days produce what amounts to a brand new "stable" (in theory)
version every 6 months or so - huge downloads.

I read elsewhere of people who have all sorts of problems because
these "new releases" revert many OS settings to whatever are the
defaults for that new release.

If you look at the chart at "Updates and support" at

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10

you'll see what I mean.

If you have Win 10 Pro, or an Enterprise version, you should be able
to defer the most recent new release for months, in the hope that MS
will roll-out fixes to whatever it does that breaks things.

With Home versions etc, there may be 3rd-party utilities that prevent
the new release from being installed as soon as it arrives, but I'm
under the impression that it's hard to prevent.

Other than that, I'd look for things like iffy RAM.  Also, do you reboot
often?  If there's pending (small) Windows Updates, some of them
need a reboot to fully install.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.