[Users] mimeview_open_part_with -- How do I disable the "Open with" confirmation dialog?

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Fri Apr 10 16:52:19 CEST 2020

On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 10:06:47 -0400
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:

Hello Pierre,

>We can't stop the use of html in email

We can.  We should.

The likes of ebay et al sending out emails that are in excess of
100kbytes to tell me, for example, "you've been outbid" is, frankly,
obscene.  Most of the HTML content is tracking garbage anyway.  Fuck 'em.
Fuck 'em all.  I won't deal with those companies.

Even my bank does it;  "We see you haven't read our email".  Yes I have,
but only the plain text part.  If the info is not in the plain text
part, I won't see it.  Ever.  Screw them and their spying and data
acquisition.  If they wanna know whether I've read something they should
*ask* me to reply saying I have.  Otherwise, they can simply bugger off.

--
 Regards  _
No you can't hop into my shower