[Users] mimeview_open_part_with -- How do I disable the "Open with" confirmation dialog?

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Fri Apr 10 16:06:47 CEST 2020

On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 19:23:28 +0600 Dustin Miller wrote:

>you should be able to use 'Open' ('L') instead of 'Open with...' ('O').

That was my mental block...  anyway, I have finally become fed up with
'wannabe' html rendering plugins (litehtml, dillo, fancy) which will
never keep up to a real browser.

For many, many months, I've been thinking about whether filing an
enhancement request to use a real browser engine in a plugin would be
worth it.  In the meanwhile, Mozilla dropped support for that
possibility...

We can't stop the use of html in email, nor the brain-dead services which
use the same, ancient plain text while sending their new info in the html
part only, or html only messages.  I'd like a *real* browser engine,
either as a plugin (not likely), or simply using the "Open" (L) feature
directly when an html mime-part is clicked.

Pierre