[Users] Using Claws with Gmail

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 01:40:05 CET 2019

On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 10:52:09 -0500
Gregg Conroy <info.vva1140 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the replies on this.  Still having the same problem.

DM: Hi, Gregg. I have a vague memory of trying to set up an account
once (possibly Gmail?), where I got a similar error, and I ended up
needing to sign in to my webmail to do some sort of verification there
(it's possible that simply signing in was enough). I do remember
though that there was some sort of link from the mail server included
in the network log that led me to a page that gave me an idea of what
the issue was. I don't see that in your log and it sounds like you've
already signed in to your webmail, so this may not be your issue.

DM: I'm not sure if this would actually help for this type of problem,
but you could try running Claws from the command line with 'claws-mail
--debug' to see if any helpful information shows up in the terminal.

DM: Other than the above, the only thing I can think of is what has
already been mentioned, double-checking all the associated settings. If
that still doesn't help, then you'll probably need to contact Google to
see if they can help figure it out. Hope you get it working soon.
---Dustin