[Users] next button on main toolbar, preference option not working as expected

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Thu May 23 14:33:42 CEST 2019

On Tue, 21 May 2019 18:28:25 +0530
Wallichii <wallichii at riseup.net> wrote:

> For example today my inbox got say 2 messages, one belonging to a newer
> thread (so on top) and one to an older thread (bottom of the list). when
> I click on the top message and then click next, it does nothing. when I
> select the bottom one and then click next, it takes me to the top
> message.
>
> Expected behaviour: When I select top message and then click next, it
> should look for newer unread messages (which it already does) and after
> that it should look for other unread messages and go there.

What you want to do is add the 'go to previous unread message' button, and
use that.

> - Under preferences > display > summaries > sorting there is `date` and
>   `thread date` mode. I couldn't figure out how `thread date` mode
>   works, links/details?

It's quite simple, when using a threaded display, sort by date sorts messages
based on the original message in the thread; sort by thread date sorts
messages by the latest message in the thread.

> Take that above case which I wrote above (For example...), I have to
> manually search for unread messages which can be a lot of work with
> lots of new emails.

See the /View/Go to/ menu, it should have everything you need. You can assign
hotkeys to any or all of them.

with regards

Paul