[Users] next button on main toolbar, preference option not working as expected

Wallichii wallichii at riseup.net
Thu May 23 16:06:05 CEST 2019

On Thu, 23 May 2019 12:33:42 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 May 2019 18:28:25 +0530
> Wallichii <wallichii at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> > Expected behaviour: When I select top message and then click next,
> > it should look for newer unread messages (which it already does)
> > and after that it should look for other unread messages and go
> > there.
>
> What you want to do is add the 'go to previous unread message'
> button, and use that.

oh, I didn't think of it. yes that fixes this.

> > - Under preferences > display > summaries > sorting there is `date`
> > and `thread date` mode. I couldn't figure out how `thread date` mode
> >   works, links/details?
>
> It's quite simple, when using a threaded display, sort by date sorts
> messages based on the original message in the thread; sort by thread
> date sorts messages by the latest message in the thread.

looks like something is broken because changing the sorting mode under
preferences > display > summaries doesn't change anything! I've recored
my screen <https://ttm.sh/YH.mp4>, am I doing something wrong here?

also nothing from that section works! I'm on Claws Mail version 3.17.3

--
Wallichii <wallichi at riseup.net>
0731 FCC1 D00B 2069 1F23