[Users] Embedded images in external browser

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at posteo.de
Mon Mar 25 12:26:38 CET 2019

On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 10:41:33 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
> The Fancy html rendering plugin shows those images. But you probably
> don't have that any more, since your distro probably removed the
> required version of webkit.

Exactly.

> Or, get the LiteHTML plugin from git and build it yourself. Or wait
> until it is released.

I'll wait.

> None of these is probably what you wanted to read.

It's nice to see an overview of what currently developed. However,
using an external browser is what I really like.

> As for getting browsers to understand CID images, probably not going
> to happen.

I quickly learned the email-message-lib from python and did the thing
myself:

- create the multipart-files in a temp-dir using the content-id as name
- search and replace the 'cid:' in the html-part

I know that this won't work every time and everywhere, but it now does
for me.

Thanks for your feedback.

--
Patrick.