[Users] Unchecking "Get mail" for this account does not stop Claws from trying to get mail for the account

John Long codeblue at inbox.lv
Sun Jul 14 20:27:04 CEST 2019

On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 22:56:04 +0530
Notopygos <notopygos at disroot.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 17:05:34 +0000
> John Long <codeblue at inbox.lv> wrote:
>
> > I tried quitting Claws and restarting but it does not seem to have
> > an effect. It is not every 15 minutes as I would have expected, so I
> > can't imagine what the problem could be. But the box is not checked
> > and I'm still getting a password prompt occasionally, so there is
> > some kind of a problem.
>
> I am running the same version as yours but coudn't reproduce this,

Yes, this is normal given it doesn't happen when expected. But given the
huge amount of problem reports for all kinds of different issues it
seems like things are past the point of being out of hand.

> which box have you unchecked?

The one I mentioned in the first part of my email (not shown here since
it wasn't quoted)

> goto configuration > edit account, choose the account you want to edit
> and click on edit and under advanced uncheck "get mail checks ....".

It's not under Advanced.

It's in the list of accounts, the first column is G for get mail, it's
unchecked.. also in the Receive section if you select the specific
account it's also unchecked there.

I have been using Claws for a long time, I guess close to 15 years. It
just seems to break a lot more lately.