[Users] Delete behaviour

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Jan 13 12:17:47 CET 2019

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 22:03:08 +1100
Zoltán Kócsi <zoltan at bendor.com.au> wrote:

> The new version (3.16) moves the selection back to the item before
> the deleted item:

Even this "new" version is now old. It was released at the end of
2017, and there have been four releases since.

> I'd like to tell Claws that I'd very much prefer the old variant,
> simply because that allows me to just glance at the next mail and
> if it's rubbish, I just keep clicking on the Trash until something
> useful comes up.
>
> Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything in Preferences that would do
> that.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.

You should check all the release notes:
https://www.claws-mail.org/NEWS

Under the notes for version 3.13.1, (released in December 2015), you
will find this:

* A hidden pref has been added, 'next_on_delete'. This controls the
  message selection when a message is deleted. A setting of '0'
  which cause the previous, older message to be selected, a setting
  of '1' will cause the next, newer message to be selected.

with regards

Paul