[Users] Delete behaviour

Zoltán Kócsi zoltan at bendor.com.au
Sun Jan 13 13:14:54 CET 2019

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 11:17:47 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> Even this "new" version is now old. It was released at the end of
> 2017, and there have been four releases since.

Well, the one that I replaced was about 10 years old, so
this one is relatively new...

Mind you, I'm very impressed Claws' backward compatibility. That was the
only difference that I found when I fired it up. I wish the rest of the
system (including glibc and the kernel itself) were like that.

> Under the notes for version 3.13.1, (released in December 2015), you
> will find this:
>
> * A hidden pref has been added, 'next_on_delete'. This controls the
>   message selection when a message is deleted. A setting of '0'
>   which cause the previous, older message to be selected, a setting
>   of '1' will cause the next, newer message to be selected.

Indeed!

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Zoltan