[Users] Feature request: Make search "Clear" button reset search mode

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Jan 10 13:40:41 CET 2019

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 10:21:31 +0200
Shai Berger <shai at platonix.com> wrote:

> I would like to be able to set a "default search mode", and have the
> "Clear" button restore the mode to this default when it is clicked;
> this would make my work smoother.
>
> Does this make sense to other people?

Nope. I want the last search mode to remain selected for the next
search. I often take a couple of goes to get the search terms correct.

What I would like is the ability to change search mode from the
keyboard, after shift-tabbing off the search term box that gets
focus when I press /

Would that be good enough to smooth your work a bit?

Thanks,
--

MJR http://mjr.towers.org.uk/
Member of http://www.software.coop/ (but this email is my personal view