[Users] Clawsker doesn't start (Can't locate Gtk3.pm in @INC...)

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Mon Nov 12 20:58:10 CET 2018

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 20:12:12 +0200
Removed GDPR <removed-gdpr at example.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 17:41:43 +0000 Dave Howorth wrote:
>
> > My suggestion is to remove all the perl stuff you
> > just installed (i.e. rm -r the directories).
>
> I do this every time = after each email I receive from
> you guys.
>
> > Then start the installation again and follow my
> > suggestions, suitably adapted hopefully by yourself
> > to be in the correct order so things progress
> > smoothly and without errors.
>
> I already did that. Please let me know if I have done
> something wrong and what should be the correct one.
>
> > System installed [...]
>
> Thanks for clarifying.
>
> > As opposed to installing perl modules from CPAN
> > using cpanm (or cpan, a traditional older but
> > similar tool, but please just stick to one of them)
>
> OK. Here is an attempt in which:
>
> 1. I removed the "system-installed" introspection
> packages.
>
> 2. rm -rf ~/.cpanm/ ~/perl5/
>
> 3. Tried again the same cpanm commands
>
> Result:
>
> -> FAIL Installing the dependencies failed: Module
> 'Glib::Object::Introspection' is not installed
>
> Full output:
>
> https://files.invalid.tld/2018-11-12-cpanm-5.txt

And again you have the same error as you started with, because you did
not re-order my suggestions to suit your current situation, given what
we now know about it. So you have to follow the next step in my original
suggestions.

You have to think for yourself.

And as before, do not mix my suggestions with those of Merijn.