[Users] Clawsker doesn't start (Can't locate Gtk3.pm in @INC...)

Removed GDPR removed-gdpr at example.com
Mon Nov 12 21:45:24 CET 2018

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 19:58:10 +0000 Dave Howorth wrote:

> And again you have the same error as you started
> with, because you did not re-order my suggestions to
> suit your current situation, given what we now know
> about it. So you have to follow the next step in my
> original suggestions.

Your original suggestion was to do everything as root
and that everything would be safe and easy. Nothing to
reorder there as it was only 1 step. But we already
clarified why I prefer not to do it as root.

Then you said that gobject-introspection was needed
and the other package was not. So I followed that and
the result is in:

https://files.invalid.tld/2018-11-12-cpanm-3.txt

There are really only 3 steps in all that:

1. rm -rf ~/.cpanm/ ~/perl5/ (not shown on the link)

2. cpanm --local-lib=~/perl5 local::lib && eval $(perl -I ~/perl5/lib/perl5/ -Mlocal::lib)

3. cpanm Gtk3

> And as before, do not mix my suggestions with those
> of Merijn.

It was not really a mix, just one more step #4 per
Merijn's suggestion (which doesn't influence the
failure in step #3).

> You have to think for yourself.

I have already tested all the 4 possible combinations
of the 2 system packages and the steps are always the
same. I can't think of anything else, so it would be
helpful if you can provide the steps you followed to
install Gtk3 as user, like I am showing what I do and
what the result is. Hopefully without idioms and
references, to avoid further confusion :)

--
George