[Users] Clawsker doesn't start (Can't locate Gtk3.pm in @INC...)

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Mon Nov 12 18:41:43 CET 2018

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 19:00:09 +0200
Removed GDPR <removed-gdpr at example.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 17:28:10 +0100 H.Merijn Brand
> wrote:
>
> > Oké, but our advices, though both valid and sane,
> > should not be mixed
>
> Actually I tried your advice first (before proceeding
> with Dave's) and the result was the same as before. In
> what I pasted I simply repeated the step you suggested
> *again* after following Dave's advise, just to see if
> the result would be different. It wasn't.

My suggestion is to remove all the perl stuff you just installed (i.e.
rm -r the directories). Then start the installation again and follow my
suggestions, suitably adapted hopefully by yourself to be in the
correct order so things progress smoothly and without errors.

> I still don't know what you guys mean by "system
> installed".

System installed in this context is another piece of idiom, meaning
packages in the normal openSUSE format installed from the openSUSE
repositories using an openSUSE-supplied tool.

As opposed to installing perl modules from CPAN using cpanm (or cpan,
a traditional older but similar tool, but please just stick to one of
them)

> You are a Perl expert and you obviously know what you
> are doing but as of this moment I know neither how to
> use Gtk3 for the needs of clawsker, nor how to "stick
> to the Gtk2 version" (which I was actually asking for
> in my second message in this thread).

No, you asked how to build a Gtk2 version of the latest clawsker
source. Not how to build an older Gtk2 version.