[Users] Clawsker doesn't start (Can't locate Gtk3.pm in @INC...)

Removed GDPR removed-gdpr at example.com
Mon Nov 12 18:00:09 CET 2018

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 17:28:10 +0100 H.Merijn Brand
wrote:

> Oké, but our advices, though both valid and sane,
> should not be mixed

Actually I tried your advice first (before proceeding
with Dave's) and the result was the same as before. In
what I pasted I simply repeated the step you suggested
*again* after following Dave's advise, just to see if
the result would be different. It wasn't.

> My proposition was to use an older version of Gtk3
> to match the system installed introspection stuff.
> As you first tried Dave's solution, you uninstalled
> the system stuff, and thereby removed the situation
> my advice was based on.

I still don't know what you guys mean by "system
installed". I install everything manually. The system
does not install anything itself, so this is quite
confusing for me.

To test things with the opposite combination I removed
gobject-introspection and installed
perl-Glib-Object-Introspection.

Then I ran:

$ rm -rf ~/.cpanm/ ~/perl5/
$ cpanm XAOC/Gtk3-0.032.tar.gz

which gave:

! Installing XAOC/Gtk3-0.032.tar.gz failed.

Here is the full output:

https://files.invalid.tld/2018-11-12-cpanm-4.txt

> As you now uninstalled the system stuff, and you
> have run several cpanm commands using local::lib,
> your ~/perl5/lib/perl5/ might now contain stuff that
> mismatches your expectations.

So far I have run command #1 from above before each
attempt. If that is wrong please suggest a procedure
which I should try.

> On my openSUSE-42.3 I use a non-system perl-5.24.1,
> and typing
>
>  $ cpan Gtk3
>
> worked like a charm.

I am on Leap 15.0 here and using
perl-5.26.1-lp150.6.3.1.x86_64. Not sure if that
matters.

> Then I took clawsker-1.0.2, changed all Gtk2:: to
> Gtk3::, split the [...]
> no more time to dig deeper. I'll stick to the Gtk2
> version

You are a Perl expert and you obviously know what you
are doing but as of this moment I know neither how to
use Gtk3 for the needs of clawsker, nor how to "stick
to the Gtk2 version" (which I was actually asking for
in my second message in this thread).

--
George