[Users] How can I migrate MS-OUTLOOK (2007) PST files to CLAWS format?

tanramon tanramon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 22:05:40 CET 2018

Hello,

I'm a new user, and I'm interested in moving to Claws on Windows 7
(64-bit).

However, I have over 10 years of critical emails which are archived in
PST format -
this is the standard for MS-OUTLOOK.

Is there a tool that can do this migration?  I do not know what mail
format is used by CLAWS,
but from what I've been reading on these user forums, it is MH (?).  I
also read somewhere
that I must migrate first from PST to MBOX, and then from MBOX to MH.

My other questions concern the mail client/server setup:  I am
MS-OUTLOOK client, to SMTP/POP3
server of GMAIL.  I keep all my emails on my PC hard drive in PST
format.  I delete all my
INBOX and SENT folders in GMAIL as soon as my OUTLOOK client downloads
the incoming emails.

Can Claws work with a GMAIL POP3/SMTP, or does it have a different
architecture?

Any tips, advice, references, etc. will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

RTan