[Users] Creating threads manually

H.Merijn Brand h.m.brand at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 17 12:01:10 CEST 2018

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 12:40:39 +0300, Removed GDPR <removed-gdpr at example.com>
wrote:

> > What I want it relatively easy to do with an
> > external perl script, but I never wanted it enough
> > to find out how to determine the arguments.
>
> Unfortunately I don't "speak" pearl at all. Perhaps
> looking at the script by Paul you could figure out how
> to modify it for the purpose we are discussing?

I see that I already created this script (and it is in perl, not pearl)
See attached.

create an action that invokes this script (change the first line to
select the perl installed on your system)

 Action

  Menu Name:  Reparent (fix threading)
  Command:    /your/path/bin/cm-reparent.pl %F

Then select the messages to combine in a thread and Choose

  Tools ▶ Actions ▶ Reparent (fix threading)

using perl5.00307 .. 5.27   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE