[Users] Fix for latest git to allow it to build

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Sat Jul 14 12:38:20 CEST 2018

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 23:32:20 +0200
Andrej Kacian <ticho at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 22:04:44 +0100
> Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 22:35:52 +0200
> > Andrej Kacian <ticho at claws-mail.org> wrote:
> >
> > > On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 21:21:13 +0100
> > > Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:
> > >
>  [...]
> > >
> > > Are you sure you have correct git version? Those files are already
> > > listed there...
> >
> > This commitdiff doesn't show them:
> >
> > https://git.claws-mail.org/?p=claws.git;a=commitdiff;h=be57deacf11ed8c2b90f9c2c14a6e5440fa6cfcd
> >
> > I updated in the usual way, I had to edit the archive plugin
> > Makefile.am to fix it...
>
> Hm, you are right that archover_prefs.h was missing, that's my mistake,
> but archiver.h was always been there in _SOURCES, ever since it was
> added in 2013. I didn't notice the missing file at first because I was
> focusing on archiver.h from your patch. :)

I may have cocked up my edit, but in any case it's fixed now. I added
in more .h files than I needed initially and then had to delete again
due to a different error where it was not in the installed files list,
it's possible I removed an extra .h file in the process.

All good now!

> Still, I was able to build the plugin with archiver_prefs.h missing -
> usually .h files are not strictly needed in _SOURCES for compiling the
> program, they're there mostly so that the .h files get included in the
> tarball when doing "make dist".

Which would explain my problem, I always install updated rpms and so
make dist is part of my build script.

> Anyway, missing file added, thanks for second pair of eyes. :)

No problems, glad to be able to help a little.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde