[Users] Two IMAP accounts - received mail goes to just one - Solved

Reid Vail rsv869 at runbox.com
Sat Jan 20 22:35:11 CET 2018

On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 20:11:20 +0100
Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 12:17:26 -0500, Reid Vail wrote:
>
> > Yes I do have two folder trees.  One for Runbox, which is the
> > default, and a second shown below that for gmail. When I poll for
> > new mail Claws checks each separately.  Runbox first and then
> > Gmail.
>
> What happens if you _don't_ "poll", but browse the folders of one
> account's INBOX without accessing the other account?
>
> And with "poll", I assume you refer to using the "Get Mail" button?
>
> > All the folders and messages in my Claws accounts are duplicates of
> > what is on the servers.
>
> Of course, and therefore accessing one IMAP server cannot show any
> messages stored on the other IMAP server, unless you sync them
> somehow. _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> Users at lists.claws-mail.org

Hello Claws team

Thanks for helping.  Got it solved.

There is a selectable item in both account's Receive config page. " 'Get
Mail' checks for mail in this account". It was selected for Runbox,
which is the first account an is the default, but not selected for
Gmail.

When I enable it for Gmail the issue goes away.

Not sure why Claws is checking the Gmail account when it's not enabled,
and why it puts it in the wrong account, and maybe it points to a
different issue.

Anyway...Regards,

Reid