[Users] IMAP4 with university Gmail account

Andrej Kacian ticho at claws-mail.org
Wed Jan 10 08:08:41 CET 2018

On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 17:30:35 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> wrote:

> The problem is that when Claws Mail updates the account it hangs on the
> All Mail folder because, of course, it has to scan all that mail. When
> I update the mail for this account I really only want to update the
> Inbox; I don't need it to check all the other folders. Is there a way
> to tell Claws Mail to ignore other folders?

You could disable "Scan for new mail" option for the "All Mail" folder
and its subdirectories. Then Claws Mail would only update those folders
when you open them.

I guess you could also subscribe to all folders except "All Mail" and
subdirectories, and set the account to only show subscribed folders.
You would then have to subscribe to every new created folder in the
future to see it, though.

(I have no idea how Google's not-quite-IMAP works with folder
subscriptions.)

Regards,
--
Andrej