[Users] Clicking a link in claws-mail opens it in default browser after a very long wait

Removed GDPR removed-gdpr at example.com
Fri Feb 16 23:36:47 CET 2018

> Next step: Several times under varying conditions, start chromium from
> the command prompt and see if the delay is in the same neighborhood.
> If it is, you've ruled out Claws. If it's not, see what command Claws
> really runs when spawning Chromium, and try *that* on the command
> prompt. Either way, look at the command line output of the Chromium
> you ran from the command prompt, to see if there's anything
> suspicious.

There is no issue with starting Chromium and there has never been
(under any conditions). Also the delay happens regardless if Chromium
is running or not when the link is clicked.

I tried what you suggest (running chromium from console) and then in
another console:
-----
[~]: time xdg-open https://opensuse.org

real    1m42.716s
user    0m0.141s
sys     0m0.041s
-----
Upon opening of the URL in Chromium (after the delay) nothing shows in
the first console.

All I see when Chromium is started from console is:
-----
[5364:5393:0217/002917.705535:ERROR:nss_util.cc(724)] After loading
Root Certs, loaded==false: NSS error code: -8018
[5364:5364:0217/002917.715892:ERROR:configuration_policy_handler_list.cc(92)]
Unknown policy: NTPContentSuggestionsEnabled
[1:18:0217/002920.641622:ERROR:adm_helpers.cc(73)] Failed to query
stereo recording.
-----
but that is before running xdg-open.