[Users] Replies appear as unread in ignored thread

Michael A. Yetto myetto at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 19:43:32 CET 2018

On Mon, 3 Dec 2018 06:48:11 +0200
Removed after GDPR request <removed-gdpr at example.com> writes, and having writ moves on:

>On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 13:07:50 -0500 Michael A. Yetto
>wrote:
>
>> It looks like you are missing a message between #1
>> and #2 above. Where is the message with MID:
>> <CAE1pncZjBGwFvfo1aK6VSN075m2RJVjMJpo2utJznXKO95imDA at mail.gmail.com>?
>
>I don't know.
>
>> If the threading goes by the In-Reply-To: header or
>> the last id in the References: header there is a
>> break in your thread.
>
>If the thread was started before I subscribed to that
>list - why should that matter? CM obviously recognizes
>that this is a thread (and displays it as a thread),
>so logically - if the first message in it has been
>marked as "ignore thread", why aren't the follow ups
>ignored too?

Yes it is threaded. No, it is not treated as an ignored message and
marked as read.

No, the message between your #1 and #2 is not there. Yes, message #2 is

I can easily imagine that this is an avenue to explore, but if you
think it is an obvious red herring you should look elsewhere.

Mike Yetto
--
"When kids look up to great scientists the way they do to great
musicians and actors, civilization will jump to the next level."