[Users] Replies appear as unread in ignored thread

Andrej Kacian ticho at claws-mail.org
Mon Dec 3 21:03:45 CET 2018

On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 12:41:23 +0200
George wrote:

> For the messages from the last screenshot:
>

> Message #1 (marked as "ignore thread"):

> Message #2 (reply to #1, not marked as "ignore
> thread"):

> Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 11:38:32 -0800
>

> Message #3 (reply to #2, also not marked as "ignore thread"):

> Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 11:51:07 -0800

Do you have the "Thread using subject in addition to standard headers"
option enabled in preferences? Messages are only considered as
"belonging to thread" if they are connected by their In-Reply-To and/or
References headers.

There is a special case handled if the above mentioned option is
enabled and the message can be matched to a thread using its subject,
but only if the message has no In-Reply-To header, nor References
header (folder.c, around line 2450). I'd guess that is why these
messages do not have "ignored thread" flag set to them.

I'm not sure if that's correct, but it does make certain sense - a
message which has those two headers can be considered belonging to a
different thread, so we do not want to have the "ignored thread" flag
spread to this thread from the original thread.

Regards,
--
Andrej