[Users] Reply to List

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Thu Aug 30 00:50:30 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 08:27:56PM +0300, Removed GDPR wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 16:43:41 -0000 Paul wrote:
>
> > Probably, as I said, this is because the standard
> > List headers were missing, so the personal address
> > was the fallback.
>
> You are right. The List headers are totally missing in
> the 2 lists I checked.

Have you tried to contact their admins and gently suggest them to add
standard list headers?

Talking to people can be surprisingly effective sometimes :-)

> Would it make sense to make "Reply to List" intelligently handle such
> cases?

You can't, unless you record somewhere which address is a mailing list
(e.g.: http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/#lists)

> Such as showing a message: "Hey, there are no list headers in the
> message you are replying to. Which address would you like to send to?"
> (+ selection UI) Of course that wouldn't fix the bad way others reply
> but at least one can take care for one's own messages to be sent
> properly. What do you say?

As described such feature becomes annoying after dialog showing twice.

Once selected it should be recorded to avoid re-asking for the same
address again and again. That way could be useful and less irritating ;-)

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~