[Users] crash on Windows 8.1 caused by libcairo-2.dll

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Tue Jun 20 23:46:59 CEST 2017

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 23:42:15 +0300
Cristian Secară <liste at secarica.ro> wrote:

> I renamed the old folder with a random name so that any former reference will break and put the new files (64bit) in a new Claws Mail folder (and also restarted the system).
>
> It crashed soon (~1-2 minutes) after the first launch – still because of libcairo-2.dll.
>
> I replaced this file from the http://win32builder.gnome.org/gtk+-bundle_3.8.2-20131201_win64.zip package (as well as the libpng15-15.dll file, requested), but then it crashed again, except that this time because of ntdll.dll file (??).
>
> So, while still under this fresh Claws Mail test version, I put back the libcairo-2.dll & libpng16-16.dll from the Inkscape install (version 0.92 / 64bit) and now Claws Mail is again rock stable.

Thanks for the test. Could you also grab a windows version of GDB and
get a backtrace of the libcairo crash (with the "original" DLL from our
installer)? I can provide a DLL without the debug symbols stripped, if
needed.

Meanwhile, I'm going to build another version with libpng 1.6 instead
of current 1.4. That is the only visible difference from the "good"
libcairo.

--
Andrej