[Users] crash on Windows 8.1 caused by libcairo-2.dll

Cristian Secară liste at secarica.ro
Tue Jun 20 22:42:15 CEST 2017

În data de Tue, 20 Jun 2017 18:55:04 +0200, Andrej Kacian a scris:

> There are some test builds available at
> http://claws-mail.org/win32/test/
>
> They contain some Windows-specific fixes since the first 3.15.0
> release, as well as some minor changes to cairo library (just one
> dropped patch, really). Let me know how it works for you. And if it
> still crashes, please first try using cairo DLLs from 3.8.2 gtk
> bundle, since that one uses same (older) cairo version as us.

I renamed the old folder with a random name so that any former reference will break and put the new files (64bit) in a new Claws Mail folder (and also restarted the system).

It crashed soon (~1-2 minutes) after the first launch – still because of libcairo-2.dll.

I replaced this file from the http://win32builder.gnome.org/gtk+-bundle_3.8.2-20131201_win64.zip package (as well as the libpng15-15.dll file, requested), but then it crashed again, except that this time because of ntdll.dll file (??).

So, while still under this fresh Claws Mail test version, I put back the libcairo-2.dll & libpng16-16.dll from the Inkscape install (version 0.92 / 64bit) and now Claws Mail is again rock stable.

Hope this helps :)

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară