[Users] crash on Windows 8.1 caused by libcairo-2.dll

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Tue Jun 20 18:55:04 CEST 2017

On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 16:24:17 +0300
Cristian Secară <liste at secarica.ro> wrote:

> I don't think it's important, but rather as curiosity – when I used the
> two .dlls from the
> http://win32builder.gnome.org/gtk+-bundle_3.10.4-20131202_win64.zip
> package, Claws Mail worked well on Windows 8.1, except for one instance
> where I tried to delete several messages at once and suddenly a child
> window started to clone itself recursively, slowly filling my desktop
> (which forced me to kill the task). I never use Claws Mail full screen
> and have no idea if this makes any difference.
>
> Then, after I replaced the two .dlls from Inkscape install (which are
> different and/or perhaps newer than the ones from win32builder page),
> I never experienced the self-clone window (d)effect, *yet* :)
> (more than 3-4 days for now)

There are some test builds available at
http://claws-mail.org/win32/test/

They contain some Windows-specific fixes since the first 3.15.0
release, as well as some minor changes to cairo library (just one
dropped patch, really). Let me know how it works for you. And if it
still crashes, please first try using cairo DLLs from 3.8.2 gtk bundle,
since that one uses same (older) cairo version as us.

Regards,
--
Andrej