[Users] not showing html email

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Jun 15 16:39:16 CEST 2017

On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 15:04:11 +0200, Ralf Mardorf
<silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 08:35:15 -0400, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> >Went to bugzilla, will not accept my email as username, so unable to
> >log in and post.
>
> Hi,
>
> did you first create an account at
> http://www.thewildbeast.co.uk/claws-mail/bugzilla/createaccount.cgi ?

Does a user really have to jump through all these  hoops to report and
discuss a bug? Does that encourage people to report bugs, or does it
encourage them from working around the bugs or switching to different
software? If a person uses 20 different Free Software programs, do you
really expect him to create and maintain 20 different bugzilla
user/password pairs? Do you value user feedback, or do you view a bug
report as an annoyance?

If the answers to the preceding questions are all yes (to the first
clause of the question), then this question:

Are you making it as easy as possible for the person to report the bug
in a project approved way? By that I mean every single reference to
bugs on the website refers to a short page that gives the info you've
given in this email and everyone's given in this thread, in a more
positive way, with a link pointing to the bugzilla signup and a link
pointing to the bugzilla report page, and a link to an explanation page
explaining any ambiguity or unexpected behavior of the bugzilla
reporter. And these pages should be worded in a POSITIVE way. And both
the first and last sentence should thank the user for taking the time
to report the alleged bug.

If you guys want, I'll write the HTML for this thing, and you guys can
change my CSS so it conforms with that of the Claws website.

SteveT