[Users] what does it mean Hide when iconified

Cristian Secară liste at secarica.ro
Sat Jun 10 14:53:33 CEST 2017

În data de Fri, 9 Jun 2017 15:11:44 +0200, wwp a scris:

> > I checked now: minimize will just minimize, but by closing the
> > program with that option enabled it will hide the program both from
> > task bar and window task manager.
> >

> In case your understanding of that behaviour affects the translation
> you're working on, be sure to stay close to the English meaning,
> because if the word "taskbar" means something to Windows users, it
> potentially doesn't on other systems, where either there is no taskbar
> or the taskbar is named differently (or the concept is different).

Will take that into account, thank you.

There is, however, something wrong here – or at least confusing
(in Notification plugin I mean): the "Hide when iconified" option only
does what it says when *closing* Claws Mail, assuming the "Close to
tray" option is set; this does not work while simply minimizing the
program, however (or I was not able to find the proper config
permutations to achieve that).

How can I hide the program when just minimize ? I mean something
similar to Sylpheed, where there is an option "Minimize to tray icon";
when I close then the program simply close, but when I minimize then
the program remains open while at the same time it disappears both from
task switch (Alt+Tab) and task bar.

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară