[Users] what does it mean Hide when iconified

wwp subscript at free.fr
Fri Jun 9 15:11:44 CEST 2017

Hello Cristian,

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 13:45:57 +0300 Cristian Secară <liste at secarica.ro> wrote:

> În data de Fri, 9 Jun 2017 10:16:35 +0200, wwp a scris:
>
> > It's hide from the windows list. Following the window manager and
> > desktop software you use, you may have a list of running apps, that
> > are visible when minimized.
> > Hide when iconified (minimized) is often used by application that come
> > w/ a trayicon in order to minimize-to-the-tray-icon (hide when
> > iconified - I find this word "iconified" particularly bad - uncommon
> > at all).
>
> Oh. Then this is rather something like "Hide from taskbar when
> *closed* [to tray icon]".
>
> I checked now: minimize will just minimize, but by closing the program
> with that option enabled it will hide the program both from task bar and
> window task manager.
>
> Thank you, that was very helpful :)

In case your understanding of that behaviour affects the translation
you're working on, be sure to stay close to the English meaning,
because if the word "taskbar" means something to Windows users, it
potentially doesn't on other systems, where either there is no taskbar
or the taskbar is named differently (or the concept is different).

Regards,

--
wwp