[Users] Both POP and IMAP access to the same account ?

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Sat Feb 25 00:43:09 CET 2017

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 23:52:26 +0100
Micha <codejodler at gmx.ch> wrote:

> My question now is, what will happen in the IMAP account when mails are
> deleted on the server, by POP (which is set to keep them for 5 days, by
> now). Will those mails disappear from the IMAP cache too, even if they
> were downloaded before ?

Not immediately, but if you're online they have little chances of survival:
 • entering the folder will make them disappear
 • same if you synchronise (right click menu) the IMAP folder without opening
   it, or if the folder is set to synchronise for offline use (checkbox in
   folder properties)
 • not sure about download messages (right click menu), but it's very likely
   that a cached item without the corresponding message in server is removed
 • discarding the folder cache (button in folder properties) will also cause
   them to disappear (obviously).

If you're off-line or connection with server is unavailable they will be
kept though :-)

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones