[Users] How to place mailboxes in hidden folder

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Tue Mar 29 16:08:15 CEST 2016

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 14:23:25 +0200
Albert ARIBAUD <albert.aribaud at free.fr> wrote:

> Your original answer was about dotted subdirs in a mailbox path, but
> did not include any statement on whether CM's config and mail folders
> could or could not be the same. You may have assumed that this was
> implicit, but the problem with implicit is that not everyone may see
> it the way you do.
>
> Which is why, at the risk of repeating myself, I prefer being
> explicit, starting with the initial and additional mailbox creation
> dialogs where explicit user information could be added regarding the
> possibility of putting config and mail data together in a single
> directory.

This is a bit too much, don't you think? If we mentioned in the dialogs
every possible corner case that someone can think of, even modern large
screens wouldn't be large enough, and you would need a degree in
running Claws Mail.

If a user is interested in this feature, they can do their own
research. At most, I could see this as a FAQ entry, or a mention on
some user-written guide somewhere.

Regards,
--
Andrej