[Users] Pretty easy Privacy

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Tue Feb 2 09:18:32 CET 2016

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 19:32:33 -0800
Henriette <osterd at gmx.de> wrote:

> short time ago I learned about a project called PEP as in Pretty easy
> Privacy. It is a very ambitious project and from what I learned
> mostly driven by guys from a German hackerspace.

Hello,

for a project that advertises itself as being Pretty Easy Privacy, they
sure make it Pretty Difficult for people to learn what their project
actually does. I spend several minutes on the linked website, but I
still haven't the foggiest idea what it's all about. The website is
structured like a blog of a security activist group, nothing more,
nothing less. There are hundreds of those around the world.

What is this PEP supposed to be? Some software library exposing an API
for applications to use? A network protocol for applications to adopt?
Some 3rd party online service, as in "(Something)-as-a-Service"? I
don't know, and the website won't tell me.

Regards,
--
Andrej