[Users] Best free e-mail service that works with Claws Mail by POP3

doark at mail.com doark at mail.com
Wed Dec 21 19:41:38 CET 2016

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 07:31:20 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 09:16:33 -0500, David Niklas wrote:
> >I use mail.com. Always have. There spam filtering is a bit unhelpful,
> >but other then that they seem ok enough.
>
> For your free mail.com POP accounts there's no limit of the amount of
> mails you are allowed to send per hour by smpt?
I've sent at most 10-20 mails per hour (not huge I know), however, if you
don't mind me spamming you I'll try 100 or however many you'd like :)

> There at least was (and perhaps still is) such a limit for my account,
> let alone that it's not that easy to get one with a German IP, since
> they redirect to gmx.{de,at,ch}.
>
> In the past I preferred Rocketmail, aka Yahoo, nowadays I like Zoho. I
> only have one Zoho address and still use my old Rocketmail addresses a
> lot, but if I should need a new address I most likely would use Zoho.
> As mentioned earlier, Rocketmail/Yahoo could cause issues with mailing
> lists, Zoho is good for everything.
I think I'll look into zoho (just in case I run into any problems with
mail.com).

> As also pointed out earlier, I
> don't know anything about the security and privacy, I only refer to less
> spam and unlimited POP access and sending by SMPT using Claws and that
> the service is always available, neither I experienced blackhole
> listing issues.
I use their https:// site when logging in via web browser and I use
STARTTLS for smtp and pop.
I sometimes check for mail every minute, which they don't seem to mind.
As for privacy, AFAIK, all email accounts are vulnerable via any of the
worlds spying organizations. So, you'd do best to use GPG.
As for spam getting through, well amazon send me adverts constantly, and
sometimes I get an offer for a bank transfer, or one of the other new
spam/fishing/malware attacks. I use spamassassin, it works very well.

Sincerely,
David