[Users] Best free e-mail service that works with Claws Mail by POP3

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Dec 14 07:31:20 CET 2016

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 09:16:33 -0500, David Niklas wrote:
>I use mail.com. Always have. There spam filtering is a bit unhelpful,
>but other then that they seem ok enough.

For your free mail.com POP accounts there's no limit of the amount of
mails you are allowed to send per hour by smpt?

There at least was (and perhaps still is) such a limit for my account,
let alone that it's not that easy to get one with a German IP, since
they redirect to gmx.{de,at,ch}.

In the past I preferred Rocketmail, aka Yahoo, nowadays I like Zoho. I
only have one Zoho address and still use my old Rocketmail addresses a
lot, but if I should need a new address I most likely would use Zoho.
As mentioned earlier, Rocketmail/Yahoo could cause issues with mailing
lists, Zoho is good for everything. As also pointed out earlier, I
don't know anything about the security and privacy, I only refer to less
spam and unlimited POP access and sending by SMPT using Claws and that
the service is always available, neither I experienced blackhole
listing issues.