[Users] Red "S" in message Status field

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Apr 3 10:16:08 CEST 2016

On Sun, 3 Apr 2016 10:09:02 +1000
Liz <edodd55 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not wishing to drag this out, any further OT, however....
>
> I am responsible for teaching young people in my profession
> (deliberately not named). I would like to support Steve L's
> statements. Problem solving doesn't happen when you don't get the
> initial details correct. We deliberately teach checking your own
> understanding of the problem by stating your understanding of the
> problem to the complainant, and ensuring you have got the details
> correct.
>
> Liz
> with professional degrees, and an education qualification.

A man walks into a greengrocers.
I'd like some apples, please.
What about some juicy oranges?
No thanks.
Bananas are cheap right now.
No thanks.
How about grapes?
No.
What sort of apples do you want?
Bramleys.

In my experience of this list, and I'm not drawing on any
"transferable skills" here, you answer what was asked. You don't
digress or speculate about what might be meant until you have
exhausted what was originally stated. This is more useful for the OP
and for anyone reading the list archive in the future.

During all this speculation and digression the original question was
answered and resolved, and it had nothing to do with the digressions
and everything to do with what the OP originally stated.

> with professional degrees, and an education qualification.
 pff!

with regards

Paul