[Users] GPG decryption issue in Fedora 22

Ron Rogers Jr. cronocloudauron at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 18:51:06 CEST 2015

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 08:27:13 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> You didn't really explain what the issue was.
>
> Here with F22 decryption works fine.

I can send signed messages that works.

I can check signatures but when I do, the message shown is "Good
Signature from <?>"

If I click on an encrypted message, there is no pinentry popup
window and the message at the top of the message pane is: "Couldn't
decrypt: Decryption failed"

But I can get the message source and decrypt it manually just fine.

The "Use gpg-agent" option in preferences is greyed out, but the
gpg-agent process is running:

CronoCl+  2291  0.0  0.0 270804   608 ?        Ss   11:17
0:00 /usr/bin/gpg-agent --sh --daemon
--write-env-file /home/CronoCloud/.cache/gpg-agent-info

gpg.conf looks like this:

keyserver  pool.sks-keyservers.net
use-agent
utf8-strings
default-key 892DE9E1
personal-digest-preferences SHA256
cert-digest-algo SHA256

gpg-agent.conf looks like this:

pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry-gtk-2
no-grab
default-cache-ttl 1800
allow-mark-trusted
keep-display