[Users] GPG decryption issue in Fedora 22

Michael Schwendt bugreporter at abwesend.de
Fri Aug 21 12:12:15 CEST 2015

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 10:25:48 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 08:27:13 +0100
> Paul wrote:
>
> > GnuPG 2 development is a moving target right now, it seems, and is
> > going through an unstable phase.
>
> It would be useful if the Fedora packagers could hold off putting the
> newer versions into fedora-updates until they are stable again. I did
> suggest this in a bug report a while ago.

It could be more productive to spend -1 karma points in the Fedora
Updates System on any test-update that is unstable or causes regression.
Especially if the -1 vote is joined with a link to a bugzilla ticket.
Integration testing isn't trivial. For some time there have been troubles
with GPGME and an upgrade of GnuPG 2.

The latest gnupg2 update has seen +2 karma points, which (unfortunately)
was sufficient for the low requirements given by the maintainer:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-13444

Btw, the Update System has been upgraded recently (to something that looks
less clear and concise as earlier), so I cannot comment on it further.