[Users] GPG decryption issue in Fedora 22

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Fri Aug 21 19:29:13 CEST 2015

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:51:06 -0500
"Ron Rogers Jr." <cronocloudauron at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can send signed messages that works.
>
> I can check signatures but when I do, the message shown is "Good
> Signature from <?>"
>
> If I click on an encrypted message, there is no pinentry popup
> window and the message at the top of the message pane is: "Couldn't
> decrypt: Decryption failed"
>
> But I can get the message source and decrypt it manually just fine.

I have experienced the same on Debian Unstable after transition to
gpgv2.1.

The reason to this: "Good Signature from <?>" is that either gpgme
failed to extract the gpg-signature or retrieving the key from the
signature. In either way gpgme does not have the key but at the same
time it does not return an error so the process of fetching the info
from the key continues with an empty key which of course fails. this is
why you see <?>. Funny thing is that even though the retrival of the
signature returns no error when the retrival fails calling for the
error message returns 'End of file' (eg. empty gpg-signature).

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Not only is UNIX dead, it's starting to smell really bad.
		-- Rob Pike