[Users] Append message for mbox file

Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Wed Apr 15 20:44:24 CEST 2015

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 12:32:06 +0200
Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl> wrote:

> > Load the MailMBOX plugin.
> > Use /File/Add mailbox/MBOX...
> > In the dialogue write MBOX
>
> I need to supply a full path here (the ~ prefix is not understood --
> is that a buglet?).

No, write MBOX not ~/MBOX.  Relative paths are relative to your home
directory.

> > Your MBOX mialbox will have 2 folders: 'stuff' and 'morestuff'.
>
> I have /some/where/mailboxes/...lots of mbox files...
>
> I fill in /some/where/mailboxes, and get an empty mailbox folder
> "mailboxes".
>
> I fill in /some/where/foo, it creates an empty folder foo and shows an
> empty mailbox "foo".
>
> So I think I'm still missing some essential step(s).

When I tried it (with "mbox" which is a directory in my home dir), I had
to add the folders manually by right-clicking on the "mbox (mbox)"
heading and selecting "Create New Folder".  I named the folder the same
as the existing file.  Then when I then clicked the folder, all the
emails showed up in it.

"Check for new folders" on the context menu did nothing.

...so this is probably too much work for your thousands of mbox files
that you may or may not use.  It's too bad the plugin doesn't scan the
directory.

--

C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
The Lodging Company