[Users] Append message for mbox file

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Wed Apr 15 23:20:54 CEST 2015

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 11:44:24 -0700
Chad Wallace <cwallace at lodgingcompany.com> wrote:

> No, write MBOX not ~/MBOX.  Relative paths are relative to your home
> directory.

I'd expect them to be relative to the CM startup directory (which is,
usually, the home directory). Anyway, specifying a full path works.

> When I tried it (with "mbox" which is a directory in my home dir), I had
> to add the folders manually by right-clicking on the "mbox (mbox)"
> heading and selecting "Create New Folder".  I named the folder the same
> as the existing file.  Then when I then clicked the folder, all the
> emails showed up in it.

Great! This is the missing step!

> "Check for new folders" on the context menu did nothing.

As I'd already found out :( .

> ...so this is probably too much work for your thousands of mbox files
> that you may or may not use.  It's too bad the plugin doesn't scan the
> directory.

Well, it happens to be good for my case, since I want to use only a couple
of the thousands of mbox files.

Thanks for the tip!

-- Johan