[Users] PGP in claws

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu Apr 2 23:36:21 CEST 2015

On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 12:29:30 -0700
Chad Wallace <cwallace at lodgingcompany.com> wrote:

> > That's fine, if the OP had mentioned doing something like that I would
> > not have commented, he gave the impression that he only wanted his
> > emails encrypted in transit.
>
> Even unencrypted, your local computer is much more secure than an email
> being sent through the internet.  It's physically secured:  in your
> office or your home, behind a door that can be locked, and in a place
> that is regularly visited by only so many people.

Yes, and subject to variable legal protection against forced
decryption depending on where you live. Some people have laws that
actually protect their privacy, others have laws that allow LEAs to do
pretty much what they like.

It's wise to decide what you are protecting against and take the
appropriate action to control your own data.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde