[Users] Send on check mail

Renaud OLGIATI (Ron) renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Fri Sep 6 13:43:26 CEST 2013

On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 18:24:20 +0200
"Stephan Braun" <sylpheed-claws-users at lists.evervoid.net> wrote:

> >I remember I had a setting that allowed having the queued
> >mail sent at the same time that the server was periodically queried to
> >check and download new mail.
> […]
> >I have not found a way to do the same in Claws; is there one ?

> I don't know of such an option in CM, but you could use a small shell
> script that contains these two lines:
> claws-mail --send
> claws-mail --receive-all
> and use it as the external mail incorporation command:
> Configuration->Preferences->Receiving->External incorporation program
> Maybe there is a more elegant way, but this could work as a workaround.

I think I may see how it works by disabling the automatic mail-checks in the accounts settings, and putting the following two lines in crontab:
	0 * * * * claws-mail --send
	1 * * * * claws-mail --receive-all
which should do the job every hour on the hour (to be tweaked later, to avoid phoning in the wee hours !)

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say,
               abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact.