[Users] Send on check mail

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Fri Sep 6 14:22:12 CEST 2013

On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 07:43:26 -0400
Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 18:24:20 +0200
> "Stephan Braun" <sylpheed-claws-users at lists.evervoid.net> wrote:
>
> > >I remember I had a setting that allowed having the queued
> > >mail sent at the same time that the server was periodically
> > >queried to check and download new mail.
> > […]
> > >I have not found a way to do the same in Claws; is there one ?
>
> > I don't know of such an option in CM, but you could use a small
> > shell script that contains these two lines:
> > claws-mail --send
> > claws-mail --receive-all
> > and use it as the external mail incorporation command:
> > Configuration->Preferences->Receiving->External incorporation
> > program Maybe there is a more elegant way, but this could work as a
> > workaround.
>
> I think I may see how it works by disabling the automatic mail-checks
> in the accounts settings, and putting the following two lines in
> crontab: 0 * * * * claws-mail --send
>1 * * * * claws-mail
> --receive-all which should do the job every hour on the hour (to be
> tweaked later, to avoid phoning in the wee hours !)

No, that’s wrong, the syntax goes like this ' Min Hour DoM Month DoW
Command' so yours never sends, and receives every minute! That’s not
what you want, according to you, you need -
0 1 * * * /usr/bin/claws-mail --receive-all

Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.0.4
Registered Linux user 334501