[Users] On which Linux distro is Claws Mail best supported?

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Sun Oct 6 17:48:20 CEST 2013

On Sat, 5 Oct 2013 18:20:38 +0100
Sharon Kimble <boudiccas at talktalk.net> wrote:

<much deleted>

> I used to run Debian testing in its build-up phase before it was
> released as 'stable'. I'm currently running stable again, but may well
> upgrade to testing again at some time in the future. I currently track
> several packages that I like with git, so I'm running some cutting-edge
> programmes, fool that I am! :)
>
> Debian stable is rock-solid and very stable and not likely to break or
> cause you problems. I recommend it, plus there is exceptionally good
> support via the users mailing list, and online with IRC.

Same with me on my desktop pc, except I have a laptop on which I'm running
Jessie (the current Debian testing), which has the latest version of Claws.
For that reason I decided to install the latest version of claws on Wheezy
(stable) as well, since it's available in the backports repo. So I currently
have v3.9.2 on both machines.

I have found Claws to run very well on Debian for at least the last 2.5
years or so I've been using Debian.

Cia W.