[Users] Signature/encryption problem

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Mon Jul 22 09:22:36 CEST 2013

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 22:44:04 -0700
Thomas Taylor <linxt at comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm having a problem with CM 3.9.2 under KDE 4.10.90 on openSUSE
> 13.1-M3.  If I select to use a signature/encryption and select
> "Generate a new signature key" in "Configure > Plugins > GPG, the
> new keys are created (attachment 2) but I can't export the key to a
> signature authority. I get the error message "Couldn't export
> key" (attachment 1).

This sounds like probably the keyserver you have configured in
~/.gnupg/gpg.conf is unreachable.

> Also, after those steps, when I reboot the KDE user login is not
> accepted continually returning to the login page. The only way I
> could login again was to delete the gpg-agent.conf file and copy an
> older one back in.

This has nothing to do with Claws Mail, but is a gpg-agent problem.

Or maybe it's a SuSE problem, 13.1 is not released yet, right??

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune