[Users] Signature/encryption problem

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Mon Jul 22 20:14:21 CEST 2013

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 08:22:36 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 22:44:04 -0700
> Thomas Taylor <linxt at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm having a problem with CM 3.9.2 under KDE 4.10.90 on openSUSE
> > 13.1-M3.  If I select to use a signature/encryption and select
> > "Generate a new signature key" in "Configure > Plugins > GPG, the
> > new keys are created (attachment 2) but I can't export the key to a
> > signature authority. I get the error message "Couldn't export
> > key" (attachment 1).
>
> This sounds like probably the keyserver you have configured in
> ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf is unreachable.
>
> > Also, after those steps, when I reboot the KDE user login is not
> > accepted continually returning to the login page. The only way I
> > could login again was to delete the gpg-agent.conf file and copy an
> > older one back in.
>
> This has nothing to do with Claws Mail, but is a gpg-agent problem.
>
> Or maybe it's a SuSE problem, 13.1 is not released yet, right??
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

Thanks Paul. I'll change that setting in gpg.conf and try again later today.
And yes, openSUSE 13.1 is still in beta test. I'll also reboot into an older
stable version and try that.

Thanks, Tom

--
Insight comes more often than not, from looking at what's been on the table
all along.

^^^^
Tom Taylor - retired penguin - KG7CFC
AMD Phenom II x4 955 -- 4GB RAM -- 2x1.5TB sata2
openSUSE 12.3-x86_64
KDE 4.10.00, FF 19.0, claws-mail 3.9.1
registered linux user 263467