[Users] Signature/encryption problem

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Mon Jul 22 07:44:04 CEST 2013

I'm having a problem with CM 3.9.2 under KDE 4.10.90 on openSUSE 13.1-M3.  If I
select to use a signature/encryption and select "Generate a new signature key"
in "Configure > Plugins > GPG, the new keys are created (attachment 2) but I
can't export the key to a signature authority. I get the error message "Couldn't
export key" (attachment 1).

Also, after those steps, when I reboot the KDE user login is not accepted
continually returning to the login page. The only way I could login again was
to delete the gpg-agent.conf file and copy an older one back in.

Not sure where the above problems lie (CM, KDE, openSUSE) and I couldn't find
any reference to these in any of the log files.  Any suggestions on where to go
from here?

Thanks, Tom

--
Insight comes more often than not, from looking at what's been on the table
all along.

^^^^
Tom Taylor - retired penguin - KG7CFC
AMD Phenom II x4 955 -- 4GB RAM -- 2x1.5TB sata2
openSUSE 12.3-x86_64
KDE 4.10.00, FF 19.0, claws-mail 3.9.1
registered linux user 263467