[Users] Spamassassin problems and proxy config

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Thu Jul 4 20:51:36 CEST 2013

On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 19:31:19 +0200
uhtlmk at googlemail.com wrote:

> Following the instructions to use spamassassin on your FAQ site
> (http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Using_Claws_Mail_with_other_programs)
> i had no success. I learned then, that the command you're giving to
> create the actions "Mark as Ham" & "Mark as Spam) is not correct: it
> should be <sa-learn --spam %F-> (WITHOUT the leading dash!). After
> correcting that, spamassassin plugin obviously tried to act but i
> got errors like this:

It's a wiki, you can correct mistakes if you find them, and improve
the information that is there.

> ----------
> archive-iterator: unable to
> open /home/uli/.claws-mail/imapcache/imap.netplus.ch/V0000811/INBOX/18559-:
> Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
> ----------
>
> (transl: did not find file or directory)
>
> BUT: File and directory are there. So, it might be a rights problem?

The problem is that, like the leading dash that you discovered should
not be there, the same is also true for the closing dash. So this
file '18559-' doesn't exist, but '18559' does.

I think that the leading and trailing dashes in the wiki were supposed
to be substitutes for quote symbols.

> Now, does spamassassin start automatically at bootup? Or should it
> be set to? And if so, how?

Probably. Find info for your distro about that. See if it's running
after you reboot.

> Generally, is there someone out there, who would be willed to guide
> me a little bit (spamassassin seems pretty much complex, at least
> considering my - limited - knowledge)?

Like the wiki says, the simplest method is to use the SpamAssassin
plugin. Maybe you should consider that.

> My second main question is: Is there a way to configure the output
> of claws mail to a  proxy (a little bit like in icedove)? May be
> using httppc?

There are few places on the interweb talking about this. e.g.:

Using proxychains: http://www.gnewsense.org/Documentation/Tor
Using torsocks (in German):
https://rorschachstagebuch.wordpress.com/2008/11/02/claws-mail-zweit-profil-fur-tor/

HTH
with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune